6. After reaching 24 weeks at No. 1 on the Billboard 200, Adele broke Whitney Houston‘s report for longest-running No. 1 album by a feminine solo artist in U.S. historical past (The Bodyguard soundtrack tapped out after 21 weeks). The run on the high made 21 the longest-running No. 1 within the fashionable Nielsen SoundScan period, which started 30 years in the past.
7. 21 was the best-selling album in each the U.S. and Canada in 2011 and 2012, making it the primary album to drag off that specific feat since Michael Jackson‘s Thriller in 1983 and 1984.
8. In December 2011, Billboard named Adele Artist of the 12 months, awarded 21 the Billboard 200 Album of the 12 months and revealed “Rolling within the Deep” because the Billboard Sizzling 100 Track of the 12 months, making her the primary lady to ever high all three classes without delay. Because of the enduring gross sales of the album, she was awarded Artist of the 12 months and Album of the 12 months in 2012 as effectively, making her the primary artist to ever win each back-to-back.
9. On the 2012 Grammys, she gained all six classes she was nominated in, together with Album of the 12 months, Report of the 12 months and Track of the 12 months, making her solely the second feminine artist in historical past (behind Beyoncé) to win that many awards in a single evening. Coupled along with her earlier win for Greatest New Artist, she turned the primary feminine and second artist ever to win all 4 common subject awards all through her profession, following Christopher Cross, who gained them unexpectedly in 1980. (Billie Eilish would, in fact, develop into the primary lady to sweep all four at once in 2020.)
10. When the Recording Business Affiliation of America awarded 21 with Diamond certification for greater than 10 million copies bought in November 2012, Adele turned the one artist or band in a decade to earn it with only a single-disc album in that wanting time. She would, in fact, go on to interrupt her personal report when 25, launched in 2015, did it in lower than a yr.